Monday, May 24, 2010

Jazz


Good evening everyone, and welcome back to ninjaboy's sketch-a-day.

Monday's sketch is of the character Jazz from John Byrne's book Next Men. This series became one of my favorite books a few years ago. Yes, I got into it long after the series had been completed.

John Byrne has always been a favorite artist and writer of mine. The amount of stellar work that he has put out over the years is just staggering. And chances are, if you were reading comics between the 80s and 90s you read a few of his stories, or marveled over his artwork.

Jazz was one member of the the quasi-superhero group Next Men. She probably went through the most human and dramatic events in the series. Her stories were always incredibly human and lifelike. I don't know why I suddenly felt like sketching her, but as soon as I started drawing she ended up on the page.

Anywho, I'm about to head off to bed. So I hope you like the sketch and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment