Thursday, November 18, 2010

Last in this series

I think it's time to move on to something else, so this will be the last update to this sketch I'll be doing for a little bit.

I worked on the background with this update. I really needed to get the background darker to help make the figures pop out a little bit. But when I did so I realized that the figure lines were not as dark as I had thought so the illustration feels really unbalanced.

I guess I could just say that this was the rough outline for the sketch; working out lighting, composition and all that jazz. And from here I would take it and work on the final illustration.

If I were actually making this for a portfolio piece, or if I was back at the Art Institute, I would totally go forward with the sketch. But considering the gap in posting lately, and the fact that all week has been devoted to this sketch I think I can move on for now.

Oh yeah, I also moved the explorer's left arm to more of an angle to create a little more interest in the flow of the illustration. It's something I read about in that copy of ImagineFX I picked up and I'm trying to keep the concept in mind for the rest of the year.

Anyway, hope ya'll dig and I'll see you back here tomorrow. Which reminds me, I'm going to be at work late tomorrow so the sketch might not come until pretty late at night. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment