Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tuesday's sketch along with some Wednesday progress

Well good evening everyone.

Time to show you the sketch that I missed posting yesterday. And for more bang for my blogging buck, I'm posting an update to the sketch as I worked on it today.

So when I sat down to work on a sketch yesterday, I found myself thinking about the manga of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past that was published in issues of Nintendo Power back in the early 90s. The game is among my all time favorites. Everything about it was spectacular. The story, the gameplay, the visual improvements and the music were truly amazing. But what the manga did better than the game was really develop the romance between Zelda and Link.

And that was what I was thinking of when I put my bamboo stylus down onto the tablet. I wanted to show that side of Link and his Princess. So I started by sketching out Zelda and, didn't really get much father than that.

Today though, I went back and started refining her form and then placed Link and worked on the environment a little more by putting his shield and sword.


Other than trying to convey their relationship, I also want to do more of a background with this piece that I have done in the past. We'll see how it all comes together, but at least I have something in mind as I work on it.

So until my next posting tomorrow, have a great evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment