Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Spy

Hello again. It's me. And I'm back for another update.

I didn't think that I was going to do another female sketch, but while I was looking through some art saved to my laptop I had the sudden inspiration to draw Black Widow.

Honestly, I haven't followed her much past the early/mid 90s. I remember her being a pretty cool character, but she never seemed more than a secondary story element to me.
A good case in point would be the story arc in Uncanny X-Men, with Jim Lee at the art helm, where Logan teams up with her and Captain America in present times, which happened to mirror a mission during WW2 when the characters had a similar mission. Or at least, that's how I remember the story reading... I'll have to dig out my Jim Lee Masterworks trade to see if I'm totally butchering that storyline or not.

Either way, it was a fun story arc to read and she was a really interesting (if not easy on the eyes) character for this narration. However I didn't feel the need to find her in another comic to see what the rest of her story was.

I do know that in the Ultimate Marvel Universe she hooked up with Tony Stark, video taped them having sex, and was killed(?). All of this I found out in the book The Ultimates 3, Issue 1.

Anyway, I wanted to draw her more as her Spy role more than the superhero image. Not much to the sketch, just spent some time putting lines on 'paper' and then added a fill.

Hope you all dig the sketch and I'll see you back here again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment