Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What happened to Monday?

You ever had one of those days that seemed to go by at a normal pace. Everything seemed to be going good. Traffic wasn't that bad. Dinner was great. Then the next thing you knew it was midnight?

Yeah, that was my Monday. Probably the biggest factor in my sketch not getting posted was the fact that my daughter did not want to go to bed.
But that's not to say that I didn't get anything done yesterday evening. After she fell asleep I managed to draw out two of the last 11 maps for the D&D campaign that I'm running.

... when I should have been updating my blog. I even had two sketches to post and everything.
Oh well, that just means that you get 3 today.

The first is of one of my favorite green, super strong, comic book tanks. The Savage Dragon. He quickly became my brother and I's favorite Image character. I'm a HUGE Erik Larsen fan, and his Dragon stories were really fun to read.
Though at times I do wish he'd slow down and render out his pages a little more, but I completely understand his 'do as many books as I can to tell these awesome stories' method. And honestly, I don't mind.


The second and third sketches are of Red Sojna, everyone's favorite scantily clad counterpart to Conan. I picked up Savage Tales #1 in the Comixology app [iTunes link] the other day and it was a great read. I haven't been that into fantasy digest style comics in the past, but I had a lot of fun reading this one. And so, me being the unoriginal artist that I am, I decided to do a sketch of Red showing someone why they don't put their hands on a lady's equipment.

I'll let you figure out which equipment was touched on your own.

I didn't like how static the first sketch was from yesterday, so I tried to make it move lively today.


Hope you like all the sketches. I know I had fun drawing them. And I'll see you back here tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great expressiveness in that second Red Sonja picture! Her arms and her face are very kinetic!

    ReplyDelete