Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Bonus!


Konichi wa everyone!
O genki desuka?

I actually have a few minutes while the family is out to breakfast to post another quick sketch. This one was done one day this week, I don't exactly remember when though.
This is my first Watchmen sketch. It's funny that I have never done any sketches from this monumental book in the past. I fell in love with the book the first time I read it. And could hardly put it down.
And I'm sure you're wondering if I liked the movie. HELL YEAH I DID!
Zack Snyder has proven himself once again that he's a tremendous force to contend with when it comes to making movies based on graphic novels, comic books, funny books or whatever you want to call them.
300 was a fantastic adaptation of the book by Frank Miller, and every blood soaked minute kept me enthralled and excited. Which is incredible considering the movie really makes me feel inferior as a man. (come on, those guys were badass, buff and 100% testosterone)

Watchmen on the other hand was another wonderful trip through this complex and deeply human story. It had everything that made the book a masterpiece, and Zack also knew what to tweak and change just a bit, to make it more accessible to a mainstream audience. Specifically, he really added a lot of action, and violence to the film (more so than was in the book) and has proven once again that the man knows how to film a sex scene.
If you love the book, or even just liked it, you really should see the movie sometime. And if you haven't read the source material, be ready for an intense movie. Both visually and philosophically. It's not a light watch.

Anyway, have a great weekend and I'll see you all on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment