Monday, March 23, 2009

Street Fighter A Day - Makoto


If anyone who visited the blog last week remembers I was going to use a theme this week. It would either be a 'Martial Art a Day' or a 'Street Fighter a Day'.
I decided to go with the more entertaining (for the readers) option this week. So, Street Fighter it is.

Today's pic is of one of my favorite characters to watch/play. Makoto. That being said, I completely suck at these games (at least as compared to people who treat it as a career) but I mostly love watching the animations. Street Fighter 3 was, in my opinion, the most visually impressive of them all. The animations were amazing, and so highly detailed. Makoto's walking animation is so rich in martial arts style that I could watch the character pace back and forth across the screen.
And yes, I am very sad to see that the latest incarnation of the series has gone 3D. I miss the 2D sprites, and think that they had more expression, humor and clarity than any of these new models could ever hope to achieve.
Another 2D series bites the dust. So long old friend. You will be missed.

The usual suspects: MacBook, Free version of ArtRage, bamboo tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment