Thursday, March 26, 2009

Street Fighter A Day - Dhalsim


Today's sketch is everyone's favorite extreme yoga practitioner. The Dhal. I remember the first time I saw the arcade for Street Fighter II and this character kicked a dude from across the screen. His leg! It stretched across the screen! How could this game not be awesome? Up to that point all of the arcade games that I had played had their characters staying within the human reach range (obviously unless they were packing heat). But man, that dude just kicked a guy from across the screen... Jeebus did you just see that? He can punch the same distance!
Then I tried playing as him. It was fun for a few rounds, but then everyone figured out what I was doing and before I knew it I was back to the sidelines watching people who were much better than me continue playing the game. Funny, that is a trend that has followed me through out the rest of my life when video games in groups end up happening. It's a good thing I always loved watching the animations and moves from the Street Fighter series. I was rarely ever bored.

Today the drawing is punted to the interwebs from my MacBook, my trusty free copy of ArtRage and my awesome Bamboo tablet.

One of these days I'll do something that actually makes it look like I'm deserving of these tools.
Even though this is easily one of the best pics I've done this week. Or maybe in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment