Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Challenge: Berries & Cream - Accepted!


Well, hello again.

Today's sketch was actually a dare. Or rather a challenge. But more correctly it was a joke that was too good to pass up on. I was challenged to do a drawing of the Berries & Cream Lad in the style of a 'popular' comic artist.
While I could have gone more extreme, I decided to have a little restraint. Instead I did a sketch of the Berries & Cream Lad with some stylistic elements from the comic artist.

Can you figure out who I'm emulating?

As usual this piece was done on my MacBook using the free version of ArtRage and my Bamboo tablet.

Helpful hints:
Grimace face
No hands in frame
No feet in frame
Lots of bad shading
Two different WTF style background elements.
Lots of pouches

No comments:

Post a Comment