Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shall I call you Logan, Weapon X?


Hi everyone, and welcome back for another installment of ninjaboy's sketch a day.

I don't know exactly why I decided to draw Wolverine. I really wanted to do a sketch of Psylock, and as I was getting ready to place her in the composition I thought, meh, I should include Wolvie as well. I mean, they were the power duo back when I was a kid.

The first X-Men story arc that my brother and I picked up when we were young'ens was the story about how Psylock was brainwashed to become Lady Mandarine. And how Wolverine and (sigh) Jubilee got her back, as well as dished out some butt kicking on the Hand.

It was awesome. Wolverine was running around as Patch, and honestly, I think that was when he was at his best. It seemed like when he donned the black tank top outfit, with leather gloves, he became a more feral opponent. Even when he was walking around in his street clothes, everyone who knew him as Patch were instantly afraid of him. It was such a dynamic change from how he was received as a nobody from the other X-Men stories. When he was Logan and would walk into a bar, no one thought too much about it. That is until he caved in someone's face in the fight that was sure to ensue.

I didn't draw him as Patch. Nor in his dark costume. And Psylock seemed to disappear from my sketch all together. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be of her.

Anyway, it was once again done in CS3 on my MacBook using my Bamboo tablet.

Hope you all dig it, and I'll see you back here next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment