Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If your hand touches my posterior again, I will remove it

Good evening everyone and welcome back for my Tuesday sketch.

I had the sketch done earlier today, but I didn't have the chance to post it till now. Oh well, at least I'm still getting it in before midnight.


Tonight's sketch is of a woman in a turn of the century dress who clearly has seen some tribulations. She's managed to fend off many a jackanapes with her saber, while only sustaining some minor damage to her attire. Not too bad. I'm sure the famous Musketeers would approve.

I was looking at some more of Jason Chan's artwork when I was working on the sketch. Mostly I wanted to see how he 'sketches' this type of dress. If you've been to this blog before, you probably already know about Jason Chan as I've mentioned him at least one other time. If you've never been to his site before, check out the art on the main blog page, then click on the Gallery and enjoy. He's seriously awesome.

And now for the technical stuff. The sketch probably took me a total of 20 minutes spread out over a period of an hour or so in CS3 using my bamboo tablet. A bulk of my time was spent getting the pose to not look like poop. Then the next chunk of the time was spent on the bodice of the dress more than anything else.

Hope ya'll dig. And have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment