Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nikolaos

Hi everyone. This is actually my sketch from yesterday, revisited.

I only got time to do a quick sketch/outline yesterday and I decided to do a sketch of the character Nikolaos from the book Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton. The character was really rather interesting as she is a master vampire with the body of a child. She is incredibly powerful and is one of the more terrifying vampires I've read about (or rather listened to as I listened to the audio book) and this is due in no small part to the fact that she has the appearance of a young girl.

Due to a busy evening at home I completely forgot to post the sketch/finish it, so I thought I'd do so first thing this morning before things got too busy.
However when I loaded up the file I realized that what I had drawn was utter rubbish and didn't accomplish anything I was trying to convey. So I started again.



I wanted to try and show the mania that she keeps hidden within the doll like facade of her youthful body. If I had time to sit down and flesh out the concept more I think I could have a pretty good illustration here, but for now this will have to do.

It took probably about 25 to 30 minutes total (spread over the course of the day) to sketch out then lay in some rough colors. And was done in CS3 using my Bamboo tablet as usual.

I'll try and get another sketch done this evening if I can. So until my next update. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment