Friday, October 1, 2010

Nathan, ready for business

Well now, this was a rather unexpected sketch today. I knew that I wanted to draw something a little outside of my normal material. And that I was probably going to end up drawing an american comic character or something along those lines.

So, I sat down with the MacBook running CS3 and my good ol' Bamboo tablet and to my surprise I ended up drawing a character I haven't thought about in years.

Cable.


And I guess it shows that our lives had drifted apart based on the fact that I drew him with the mechanical arm and eye on the wrong side of his body.

Time was, Cable was my favorite marvel character. I loved the mysteries behind him, and that he was a badass. But not all powerful like so many other characters.

I wanted to give the character some colors to help define the shapes, but I didn't want to take the coloring to seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment