Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tuesday's post by way of Wednesday afternoon

Well last night didn't work out at all well enough to facilitate my getting the sketch posted.

Yesterday I watched a trailer for the latest game in the Parasite Eve series, The 3rd Birthday, and I have to say that I was rather impressed. It was a well put together trailer, and the gameplay looks fun.

Plus it looks rather impressive as a PSP title. It may be one of the last games I buy for the system, if it really is on its deathbed right now. But we'll see.

Either way, the trailer made me remember my first year at the Art Institute when Parasite Eve had just come out. Most of my friends were playing it at the time, and there were mixed reviews. Mostly everyone liked the story and the concept of the game, but some aspects of gameplay were troublesome. That being said, this was 12 years ago now so I can't exactly remember what the problems were. But they weren't enough to keep people from playing the game.

Anyway, I was feeling nostalgic so I decided to do a sketch of Aya, the main character from Parasite Eve. I didn't get enough time to fully flesh out the sketch, so I'm posting the outline that I did manage to get done. I'll try to refine it more today for today's real update.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment