Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another step along the way

My girlfriend is pretty darn awesome.

Since I missed the last WEC fight when it was live, she put our daughter to bed so I could watch the fights. And so far they've been pretty awesome.

I also managed to get the dishes done. Do my pushups (I started the hundred pushups program again). And I'm getting my sketch posted as well.

Today I spent a little more time working on the Laurana sketch I posted earlier today. The sketch actually had me experience something I haven't had to work through in a while. Frustration. I just couldn't get her face to turn out the way I wanted it to. Each time I worked it, it seemed to get further and further away from... well, looking good. So I would delete it and start again.
And it actually showed me how powerful sketching digitally is as I could completely remove the head, leaving the layout on the layer below allowing me to come at the head fresh again. Something I wouldn't have been able to do on paper. At least, not as easily.

And I also was able to fix some serious proportion problems by using the Scale functionality in CS3. Again, this would have been a massive pain in the ass to fix using traditional media.

Anyway, I hope you like the sketch and I'll see you back here tomorrow for my last 'work day' sketch for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment