Saturday, December 4, 2010

Peter and MJ

My daughter has recently embraced her sudden love of Spiderman. Over the last month or two, every time we are out and about and she spots anything that has ol' web head on it and she starts freaking out.
"Daddy! Iis Spiderman!"
If you're al old Spiderman geek like I am, it's one of the cutest things you'll ever hear.
And honestly, she never had a chance. She was genetically predisposed to like Spiderman. I'm her dad after all.

So to help her out with the new obsession, I acquired the first season of the recent animated series The Spectacular Spiderman. The series had all of the characters designed by one of my favorite designers, Sean "Cheeks" Galloway, so I was already curious to see the show. This was that extra bonus to get me to finally pick it up.
And I have to say, it is really good. They changed some elements of Spiderman's past just enough to make it fresh, but they managed to execute his 'witty banter' and relationship drama better than any of the other animated versions of the character I've seen yet.

Too bad it got canceled. Oh well.

Anyway, I decided to do a sketch of Peter and his gal MJ. In this sketch Peter's either getting ready to go out, with the costume under his plain clothes. Or they're just getting home from spending a Spiderman free day together.

I'll let you decide which way it actually went.

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment