Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ok what gives

I can't believe I haven't done a posting yet this week!

I have some sketches saved and everything, but every night when I get home I either completely forget to pull my laptop out of my bag to do the update or we are super busy.

Well to make up for that I'll be posting a few of the sketches I saved through the week.

The first is a sketch based on the anime series Gakuen Mokushiroku: High School of the Dead. For those that aren't bothered by heavy violence, zombies and excessive fan service you should check it out.
It starts out pretty awesome, with a really well done 'horror' presentation. The zombies are really threatening, and you really feel the stress of the group of kids and adults that are trying to survive the world around them turning into harbingers of death.
Then the fan service starts to play a more prominent role in the story, and actually is slowly becoming the focus of episodes while the zombies are being showed less and less frequently.
That being said, this old time anime fan is actually enjoying the series.

The second sketch is a scene from the Dragonlance series Chronicles and Dragons of the Hourglass Mage. It is of Laurana as she is being presented to Lord Ariakas in the series. I won't go into more as I would hate to spoil anything. But it was a pretty cool scene in both stories. And it's a sketch I want to work on more.

Lastly is some more work on the HSotD sketch above.

Now that my build is done burning onto my devices, I have to get to work. So I'll (hopefully) see you back here this evening for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment