Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Dose of Miller

No, not the beer. It's time for another sketch in the style of Frank Miller. I got to spend a few more minutes on my Miranda sketch today. And now it's time to post it.


I have been having a hard time finding a brush in CS3 that I like for this style, but this one worked a little better than the one I used earlier on the Squirrel Girl sketch.

Her face didn't turn out how I wanted it to, and that's mostly because I was having a hard time getting the 'digital ink' to do what I wanted. Were I doing this in traditional media I'm pretty sure that it would have been a lot easier for me to get the eyes right.

And I found it funny that even though she is from a far more technologically superior universe/time than ours, I still drew her with a 45. I guess it was the subtle influence of the Frank Miller art style.

Oh well, at least I'm getting something up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment