Thursday, June 11, 2009

Do you remember Eric Draven?


Hi everyone.

Last night the GF and I caught part of The Crow on MTV 2 last night. I love this movie, but not as much as I adore the original graphic novel. However, I was completely blown away by the fact that they aired the movie at all. The editing on it was horrendous!
I mean, if you're going to butcher the movie with your edits then don't air it at all. The entire scene in Funboy's House was just awful to watch. It made no sense, and seemed to have no order. Just a series of events that led to Funboy being hauled into the bathroom.
I mean, they edited out some scenes of violence, but not others. They edited out all references to drugs. They edited out the cussing. I couldn't even watch further than the scene where Eric dispatches T-Bird. It was absolutely terrible.

So to help myself forget that atrocity, I decided to draw Eric myself. It's been a long time since I drew this character. But it was a blast. I even tried a refinement on the style of coloring/sketching in CS3 that I made a mess of yesterday. I'm starting to get my own rhythm and style. I think.

Anyway, hope you like it and I'll see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment