Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Magnus Robot Fighter


Hi all. Yup, I missed the on-time update for Tuesday. I ended up having a pretty busy day, then I stayed up at the grandparent's with the GF and my daughter, so I didn't get a chance to post my rough sketch.

I was able to do a rough layout for my sketch of Magnus Robot Fighter yesterday. I've wanted to draw him for a long time. He was one of my favorite Valiant characters. I loved the fact that he would dispatch violent robots with a shuto uchi attack. After I got into Karate, I had a new appreciation for Magnus using that strike. It makes the most sense to attack those robots with that attack. The small area of contact means that he's able to shatter the metal of the bots, as well as sever the internal wires and hardware with a greatly reduced risk of his hand getting stuck.

Or at least, that's the conclusion I came up with.

Anyway, hope you all dig the rough sketch. I'll be getting an updated sketch done tonight. See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment