Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Playing with a Stacked Deck


Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good Tuesday, and are having a wonderful evening.

Tonight's sketch is a departure for me. Mostly because I decided to draw something I've never drawn before.
I bring you, Gambit.

I've had a love hate relationship with this character since the early 90s. I couldn't stand his 'character'. How he was so cocky, and an instigator of almost unparalleled finesse. And yet, he has one of the coolest super powers I've ever come across. As much as I hated to read his dialog, I always loved to see his fights.

He's a master of the bo staff, and is very capable in hand to hand as well. But his true magic always came through when he was playing with a full deck of cards. Even though when he first appeared in comics, he was throwing mini blades. Almost like scalpels. But the charged cards were hands down the coolest weapon he would utilize.

So I decided to do a sketch of this cajun badass. I did it in pencil mostly because I left my Bamboo tablet at work. But I also felt like doing a traditional sketch anyway.

Hope you all enjoy it and have a great night. See you back here tomorrow for another new sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment