Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friday's post, a few days late


Hi everyone. I just wanted to take a minute and get my late sketch for Friday up on the interwebs.

Friday ended up being a crazy busy day for me, and a late night at work as a result. I did manage to clear off my plate for Monday which is a great thing. But still, it didn't leave me much in the way of wanting to get a sketch done. Instead, sleep was the priority.

Then I was busy Saturday taking some stuff to my storage unit with the help of my friend who is also the DM for my bi-weekly-ish D&D game. Then the girlfriend and I were able to have a night out. We went to dinner and got to go see a movie. The movie was good (we saw The Book of Eli) but dinner ended up being a big problem for the rest of the night as the girlfriend ended up getting some food poisoning. On the plus side, it didn't hit her until the end of the movie so we didn't miss anything. The down side was that immediately after the movie she was not feeling well at all. Kinda puts a downer on a night out. But we had fun before the gastrointestinal issues.

Then today I spend the day with her and my daughter. We had a good time, recovering from the night before and watching House on DVD.

Then after heading back to the condo I managed to get some laundry done, as well as this sketch.

The sketch is a scene from the last Percy Jackson book, The Last Olympian. This book is close to being my favorite from the series. And the scene was just awesome. I don't want to give too much away, but needless to say, Percy steps up and takes on a very daunting task. With new confidence and the determination to be the hero that he's destined to be.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed now, so I hope you all get a kick out of the sketch. As per norm, it was done in CS3 on my MacBook and the Bamboo tablet decided to play nice tonight. See you all back here for another sketch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment