Monday, February 8, 2010

5 Minute Spidey


Good evening everybody, and welcome back to another Monday installment in my sketch-a-day.

As you are aware my weekend was crazy busy, and my Monday turned out to be, well, less crazy than Saturday... but it still had a good amount of work to take care of in the middle of the day. So I'm posting the sketch online now.

I decided to do a super fast, loose sketch to get my hands moving today. I realized that I wanted to sketch my favorite super, Spiderman. But I wanted it to stay very loose. I also wanted to draw a younger styled web head, more along the lines of when he first started web slinging to fight crime (end of High School, early college). I also tried to keep in mind the versions of him by Sean Galloway and Craig Rousseau. I really like their lines when drawing Spiderman. I didn't emulate them so much as just keep their stylings in my mind while sketching.

I'm actually pretty happy it turned out. Especially since it only took like 5 minutes to sketch in CS3 on my MacBook using the Bamboo tablet.

I'll have to revisit this sketch at a later time and refine it. But that'll have to be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment