Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'll get you He-Man, and your little dog too...


Hi everyone. Wow, it looks like fall is officially here. And meaning business. It's pouring rain out right now.

For some reason I felt like doing a sketch without a concept in mind. Next thing I knew I was finishing up a re-interpretation of Skeletor.

Completely random, I know. And far from one of my favorites. But I did love the fact that something completely different than what I usually draw. It actually got me thinking about the Masters of the Universe movie. I remember my brother and I's excitement as we drove into Eagle River to see the movie. Finally, we would see our hero in the flesh. And I will always keep the movie close as it was the first time I remember avidly looking forward to. The next time I would feel this level of excitement about an upcoming theatrical release would be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, three years later.

Now that I think about it, if I had of known that I was going to end up with a Skeletor sketch, I would have tried to emulate the Skeletor portrayed in the movie.

I hope you all like the sketch. Have a warm and dry evening and I'll see you all back here tomorrow for the Wednesday edition of ninjaboy's sketch-a-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment