Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ra-n-ma


Hey there everyone. I had a few minutes today so I managed to scratch out a very fast sketch of everyone's favorite gender-bending anime/manga characters. Ranma 1/2 was a series that I didn't get into until I got to the Art Institute. I did rent the second Ranma 1/2 movie while I was in highschool, but I didn't really have a deeper understanding about the situation and characters until a couple of years later.

But it quickly became one of my favorites. While not the series that I ran out to buy, I did really enjoy every episode or movie I watched. Rumiko chan has an amazing ability to draw and write something that captivates adults, while at the same time being super cute and accessible to kids as well (so long as you didn't freak out about the occasional boob being shown).

It was done in CS3 on the ol' MacBook using my trusty Bamboo tablet.

See you all back here tomorrow for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment