Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday, just barely


Hi everyone. I hope you've all been having a good week so far.

I took yesterday and the day before off to do some work around the condo getting ready for the construction project that's underway right now, and has been making my life a little crazy. We got a lot of work done, and I'm pleased to say that we're now have all of our belongings crammed into our home. I can't wait for this project to be over with.

Oh well. My daughter and her mommy are staying at the grandparent's house this evening, getting a present ready for Gramma, so I have the house to myself. I decided that I'd get my sketch done on the Mac Mini this evening, so I could sit at a desk to use the Bamboo tablet a little more comfortably. I must say, it was nice. I miss working on my artwork at a desk with my computer. One of my favorite home studio set ups was in my apartment in Gig Harbor right after graduating the Art Institute. I had one of those long folding tables set up as my work desk. I had one of my drafting boards propped up to sketch on, and my computer was at the right side of the desk. I had my large scanner next to that ready for anything I could come up with. Sometimes I'd sketch right into Photoshop. But most of the time I would sketch on paper first, then color on the computer. Ah, those were the days. Sleep most of the day (unless I had a job interview), then stay up all night working on artwork and surfing the internets.

But tonight's sketch was done in my current work space. And I don't know why, but I got inspired to do a sketch of the Little Mermaid. Seriously. Kinda out of the blue huh? Maybe I'll finish it up and give it to my daughter for a present. Actually, that's not a bad idea. Just don't tell her. It'll be our little secret.
All in all, I think it turned out pretty good. I had to force myself to finish it and stop working on it. It's getting late and I want to get Thursday's posting up before it was Friday. Hope you all like it.

And yes, as I said earlier, I did this sketch on the Mac Mini using CS3 and the trusty Bamboo tablet. Now off to bed. Hope you all have a great night and I'll see you back here for the Friday posting. I'll try to make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment