Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And now, another rough sketch...


Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a good day.

I managed to get a few minutes of sketch time in today, and the piece was inspired by another show that the girlfriend was watching a little while ago. *sigh* The Vampire Diaries.
I know, more insipid, lackluster, emo vampires. Pining for their forbidden love in the human world and some CW styled drama to fill the voids.

However, there was a portion that I thought could be cool. Two brothers, both of whom are vampires. Engaging in a sibling fight, made more potent over hundreds of years of stewing and grudging about. It even reminded me of a very cool scene in another vampire show that we got addicted to, Moonlight. I actually thought that this show was far better than the fate it deserved. It was a more traditional vampire story and had some very likable characters. But the thought of a vampire in hand to hand combat with another vampire is very interesting to me. Think of how violent that fight would be.
Faster than we would be able to see with our mortal eyes.
Bloodier than any street fight.
And able to last a very long time. Yes, even longer than the fist fight in They Live.

Anyway, that made me want to do a sketch of, you guessed it, two vampires fighting. This is just a very rough sketch. Mostly it's a composition rough, but it'll have to do for right now. I might be able to flesh it out later this evening. We'll have to see.

Anyway, time to head home. So I'll see you all back here tomorrow. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment