Monday, September 21, 2009

With a bloodstained fist his retribution shall be felt


Hi everyone.

Danzig has been assaulting my eardrums at every chance I could find today.
Visions of Frazetta paintings are spiraling behind my eyes like a phantom making it's self aware to you, but not fully ready to reveal it's grotesque presence.
The urge to release long held back aggression in the form of moshing and headbanging is reaching a near boiling point.

All because I have played my first Xbox 360 game. And a demo at that. Now I must clarify. The intense awesomeness that is filling my body is not in any part due to the system it's self. As a matter of fact, it crashed not once. Not twice. But a whopping three times while loading and playing the demo.
But rather, the game was so awesome that I found myself laughing out loud. And wanting to listen to as much metal as I could. Good metal. From the days when metal was pure, and unperverted by whiny kids who just broke up with a girl.

The game I'm talking about is Brutal Legend. Yes, Jack Black's new video game. I know, I know. I had the same reservations as well. I have been let down by his recent visual and audio releases as well. I absolutely relish the first Tenacious D album. As well as his roles in High Fidelity, the HBO Tenacious D specials, and even School of Rock (until I had seen it around the 50th time). I think he is incredibly talented and funny. But a video game? And in it he's a roady that gets killed and sent to a hell dimension as a hero? How could this possibly be good.

Well, believe me readers out there in the interwebland. It IS awesome. It is incredibly well presented and everything you want. Think God of War, meets Judas Priest. I think there's even a character inspired by Halford in it. Seriously, I'm going to try to borrow someone's 360 to play this game when it comes out.

And as you have no doubt realized by now, today's sketch is a homage to that game. I can't wait to play the final product.

For those about to rock, I salute you!!!

1 comment: