Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here's Mud in Your Eye


Why, hello there everyone. Welcome back to the Wednesday edition of ninjaboy's sketch-a-day.

Today's sketch is of Gotham City's Dark Knight, engaged in battle with Clayface. I remember some of the first Batman books that my brother and I really got into were a series of Detective Comics when Batman was trying to hunt down Clayface and some people who have the same body as his.
We got these issues as part of either a Christmas present, or maybe a birthday present. The gift was a giant 'grab bag' of comics. Most of which were DC books. Actually, now that I think about it, they were all DC books. There was a handful of almost all of the major titles at that time. And the Batman books that really grabbed our attention were these Mud Pack issues, as well as a series of comics where Batman was trying to apprehend a much darker version of the Riddler.

These were easily the reason why Batman became one of my favorite comic book characters of all time. I remember reading them and feeling, nervous, scared even. These were books to read in a dimly light room. Following the caped crusader through the gritty and violent city of Gotham as he uses his detective skills to track his prey.

Anyway, I hope you all get a kick out of today's sketch. I know I had fun drawing it. As usual it was created in CS3 on the good ol' MacBook using my Bamboo tablet.

See you all back here tomorrow for another new sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment