Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What'll it be?


Hi everyone. Welcome back to another version of pencil on paper sketch-a-day.

I often find it amusing to see what I end up drawing when I sit down without an agenda. I mean, I was watching some Bizzare World, and UFC, and what do I sketch? An old fashioned bartender. I often have the urge to find an old bar, with deep lighting, a well worn counter and a bartender wearing the button up shirt, vest and slacks as seen in the old black and white movies. I entertain notions of ordering a scotch on the rocks, telling the barkeep about my day as he listens on without being either fully invested in the conversation, nor disregarding it. Then retiring to a booth upholstered in leather that has aged into the most comfortable seating that you could ever ask for.
While there I work in my sketchbook, being inspired by the undeniable ambience from the surroundings.

Man, I would love to find a bar like that. Oh well. In the meantime, I'll just have to create it for myself in sketch form.

Hope you all get a kick out of this. And I'll see you back here tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! This guy's awesome!

    I think it's so cool that you're still sketching regularly. I think your new work shows a lot of improvement over the work I saw you post when I first started following your blog, too. It's very inspiring, really!!

    ReplyDelete