Friday, October 2, 2009

Samurai


Hi everyone. It's Friday. Let's all get out of here for a good weekend.

Today's sketch is another character one shot. This time of a Samurai. It is a very fast sketch, that came together in much the same way that yesterday's sketch emerged onto the digital page. I started as a rough gesture for a figure, then built on top of that using layers.

This time, I decided to add more than just a flat color I decided to use an actual kimono pattern for the background frame.

In hindsight, I probably should have used a less busy pattern since it takes the attention away from the character. Then again, the character isn't exactly well rendered so I guess I don't mind anyway.

Oh well. Hope you all get a kick out of it, and I'll see you back here on Monday with a new sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment