Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Aikido


Good evening everyone.

It's time for a Tuesday edition of Sketch-a-Day.

Today's sketch is of an Aikidoka demonstrating a throw on a Karateka. You might be thinking, what? But ninjaboy, you're a Karateka yourself. Why would you portray your favorite style being defeated by another?

It's simple. I love both arts. And there are a lot of aspects of Aikido that I think is incredibly effective and useful. It's one of the most fluid, captivating and yes, beautiful martial arts to see practiced and to practice yourself.

I've had the privilege to practice at a few dojos and learn some of the basics of the art. And have been learning from others who are skilled at the art over the years. I also find reading about the art fascinating.

As usual, the sketch was done in CS3 with my Bamboo tablet. And it was another quick sketch, clocking in at about 10 minutes or so.

I hope you enjoy the sketch and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment