Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Saya Doing What She Does Best


Hey there, you know what time it is? That's right, it's time for another Sketch-a-Day.

Today's sketch is of Saya from Blood(+). No I didn't make a mistake. I put + in ()'s because I still feel that the OVA is the best of the series. But the show is pretty damn cool as well.

Anyway, I realized that I don't think I have ever done a sketch of everyone's favorite demon slaying Vampire. I recall doing some sketches inspired by the album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips that kinda reminded me of her. But I never really did a picture of Saya before. So I decided to fix that problem today.

I spent about 20 minutes in CS3 with my Bamboo tablet and produced this sketch. It's not bad for an outline, but I didn't quite capture the tension and movement that I intended the illustration to convey. Especially considering the yoko uchi strike that she is using to dispatch the unseen threat. But oh well, that's part of the reason I do this blog. To keep the pen moving and work on the weak points in my kihon (basics).

On that note everyone, it's time to head to bed. Hope you all have a great evening and I'll see you back here tomorrow for my Wednesday sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment