Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chudan no Kamae


Welcome everyone, to another installment of daily sketches.
As I said previously today's sketch turned out to be another martial arts sketch. And yes, it's another kenjutsu sketch. This time of the most common sword stance known as Chudan no Kamae. This is also the first stance taught students. It's another example of how the basics in martial arts 'are' the higher level techniques.
It teaches proper hand placement, and sword gripping. It also teaches you proper ma-ai (combat distance) and so many more principles of kenjutsu.

I have a few more kenjutsu sketch ides in my head, so don't be surprised if you see more in the future.

As usual, free version of ArtRage on my MacBook with my Bamboo tablet.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment