Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My, What Big Eyes You Have


Welcome to this Tuesday edition of ninjaboy's sketchbook. I'll be your host, ninjaboy. Today's piece was done after listening to another chapter of a popular audio book (I'm not going to tell you what it is, you'll have to guess). And in this scene one of the male characters has undergone a rather dramatic change. Physically and emotionally.
And he goes to see the girl he cares for greatly, and who cares for him too, but is ultimately only using him to make herself feel better.
He's trying to explain what he's going through, and at the same time is tormented by his newfound knowledge about her former boyfriend and his family. And what that means in regards to his tribe.

It was actually a really cool scene, and I would love to draw it out. But that would take a lot more time than I currently have.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it. It was created using the usual suspects. Free edition of ArtRage, my MacBook and the Bamboo tablet.

Next drawing will probably be along the lines of martial arts again. Or it may be a fan-pic. Who knows.

Update: After posting it I noticed that it appears as though he's trying to choke her. This is not the case. He's reaching out to hold her head between his hands. I just happened to catch him before his hands were safely upon her face. Yeah, that's the ticket. I draw faster than he can move. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment