Friday, April 24, 2009

Jungle Queen


Happy Friday everyone!
I hope your day is as sunny as it is here.
And instead of continuing on with the kenjutsu sketch of quickness I posted yesterday, I decided to go back to a fantasy styled drawing. I've had Frank Frazetta stuck in my head for a while now, so I decided to do a fast sketch loosely inspired by his work.
I was thinking about doing a 'racy' space-queen with aliens drawing, but instead I went with a woman with a spear next to (what was intended to be) a giant jungle cat. I think I'll refine the layout later on down the line. But for now it's a thumbnail for you.
I will probably also make her more curvy. She ended up being pretty thin. Oddly enough I'm still having a problem with getting details done in this entirely digital format. I should be getting better. I wonder if it's because I'm sketching on my MacBook monitor?

Anywho, hope ya'll digz. And I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment