Thursday, April 30, 2009

Making up for Yesterday



I know, I know. I missed another sketch posting yesterday.
I'm a bad, bad blogger.

So today I'll be posting another all digital sketch I did this morning, as well as a sketch that I'm inking.

So first the sketch is of one of my favorite anime/manga characters. The Guyver. Yeah, it's campy. Yeah it's got some really (awesomely) bad live action movies. But you know what, I don't care. It's an awesome armor design. Plus, it's friggin' cool. It's the best 'power suit' ever in my opinion. Iron Man ain't got sh*t on Guyver. If Iron Man is destroyed, and Tony is inside at the time, guess what... he's dead. Game over. If the same happens to the Guyver, as long as there was some material connected to the control medal it would regenerate the armor AND the host it's bonded with!
Awesome.

The second sketch was inspired by a conversation with some co-workers about the video game Assassin's Creed. I've never played it, but the screenshots online look pretty cool. Anyway, we were joking about possible Assassin Creed sub-titles and "Assassin's Creed and the Icy Hole" was decided to be the group favorite. I started drawing my interpretation of that, but it ended up just being a general fan pic. Not that I'm complaining really. I'm actually putting more of a background into this piece than any other sketch I've done in a long time. I'll post the final image when I finally finish it.

Anyway, the Guyver sketch was done using the free ArtRage program on my MacBook and my Bamboo tablet.

And the tactile sketch is done on Conqueror cover stock, with blue Prismacolor Col-Erase pencil and 2 different Copic pens.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment