Friday, April 9, 2010

2 Variations on a MGS sketch



Good afternoon everyone. And welcome back for the Friday update to ninjaboy's sketch-a-day.

Today's sketch is another Metal Gear Solid inspired sketch. This one of Snake moving through a jungle landscape, in order to dispatch someone silently. See, he has his knife out. I originally was going to have his pistol in the right hand, but apparently I forgot to sketch it in.

Why does this sketch have two different versions? Well I tried to rough in a background and was so unhappy with the way it turned out... I did a basic line background.

While I don't particularly like the 'painted' background, I'm still going to post it. I mean, I'm not just posting stuff I like on this blog. It's to make me work and get better as a digital/traditional sketcher. So I'm posting them both.

Both were done in CS3 on my MacBook using my Bamboo tablet.

Hope ya'll dig and I'll see you back here on Monday. Wish me luck on my first DM session. :P

Peace (Walker).

No comments:

Post a Comment