Thursday, April 1, 2010

A bit more work, time to move on


Good afternoon everyone. Well actually, I guess it's actually more along the lines of good evening.

Anyway, here's my final installment of work on my Chie sketch.

I created a zip-a-tone pattern and dropped it over her skirt to give it a little texture. I'm excited about this possible tool, and plan on experimenting with it a lot more in the future.
One of the things I adore about manga is their use of zip-tones. I never had the patience to use real zip-a-tone paper. So much cutting and masking, that I always felt I'd rather do an airbrush piece.

But now in this digital age, I can do zip-tones quick and (potentially) easily.

I also used a new brush while coloring the sketch today, and all in all the coloring isn't exactly my favorite. One day in the future I'll revisit this character and try to do a better job coloring her.

Anyway, I hope you all diggz and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment