Monday, May 18, 2009

I used to be able to draw mice... I think


Hey there everyone. Hope you all had a decent Monday.

Over the weekend I slurged and picked up a book I've been interested in reading for a while now, but I'm only a few pages into it. That book is Mouse Guard by David Petersen. It reminds me of the Redwall book series by Brian Jacques I read back when I was going to school in Alaska. I was completely enthralled by those books. The stories were so dramatic, and the characters, while animals, were so easy to relate to and become attached to. He brought a world to life and made you a part of it. Fantastic storytelling, and I'm looking forward to reading the books to my daughter when she gets older.
And Mouse Guard picks up where I left off with that series. Not in a literal sense, but it's got the same sense of wonderment and 'humanity' that can only seem to work when the characters are anything but. I'm really looking forward to finishing the book.

So, I decided to try and do a sketch of a young mouse, as he becomes a champion. Mostly inspired by Redwall. But apparently it's been far too long since I've drawn a humanoid mouse. It didn't really come out the way I would have liked. But hey, it's Monday. No biggie.
As usual it was sketched on my MacBook using the free version of ArtRage and my Bamboo tablet.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment