Tuesday, July 14, 2009

God of Thunder and Lightning


Hey there everybody.

Last night I finished reading the first Marvel trade paperback I've read in close to a year. I picked it up as an impulse buy. And I'm really glad I did.
The book is Thor, Vol.1. Let me start this off by stating that I have never really been a fan of Thor. I didn't dislike the character, I just never really was interested in reading any of his books growing up. But I noticed that J. Michael Straczynski was writing the book. And he was the reason I started reading Spiderman books again. Well, up until the One More Day story. I refused to go any farther with the character. But that's another rant.

Anyway, the book is great. And it did exactly what it needed to do. Get someone who has never read Thor before, and make them want to. I'm hooked. I have to get the next one (as soon as I get some more money). So I decided to do a sketch of Thor.

I started this sketch, and I was pretty happy with it. But by the time I started coloring it I fell out of love with it. But, rather than missing another posting, I went ahead and finished it up. I need to start doing some black and white pieces for a while.

Anyway, hope you all dig, and I'll see you all back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment