Friday, July 3, 2009

Gorilla Fett attack!!!


Hi everyone. Yup, I missed yesterday's posting. I managed to finish the sketch this evening, so here it is. But I'm thinking you will probably need a little explanation.

Sean has a Boba Fett figure on his bookshelf that came from a fast food chain, which inspired an interesting conversation. The figure is in a 'superman' pose, and balances on a pivot point, this is mostly due to the fact that his outstretched arms are much larger than the rest of his body. We determined that this was done to force perspective on the figure, making it look as though he was flying through the sky towards the viewer.

We realized that if he maintained these proportions he would look something like a gorilla. And thus, I bring to you Gorilla Fett. The moment the joke was made, I had the image of a giant 'gorilla fett' jumping out at a young Jedi.

Hope you all like it, and have a happy 4th of July.

1 comment: