Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kunoichi, part 3


Well, I've decided that this will be the finished sketch.

I've actually used some techniques that Jason Chan talks about in his videos with this piece. Namely, when I had the piece basically where I wanted it for this week I created an adjustment layer and tweaked the colors a bit which made them a little more dynamic (in my opinion).

Then I created a new layer of the image over top and applied a blur to it, then erased out what I wanted to be in focus.

Neat trick. Next piece I do I'll try this trick out again, but I'll have done the piece with this in mind so it will be a little more successful in the end result.

All in all, I like the sketch. I would like to spend more time to define/refine her face and add a better background. But for now this will be good enough. One of these days I'm going to go back to my old tricks and do a piece 'cell shaded'.

Anyway, I hope you all dig, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment