Friday, July 24, 2009

Thunder Strike


Happy Friday everyone!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

And yes, I know what you're thinking right now. "Didn't he say that he was going to continue working on the Jill sketch today?"
Well, you are correct. I did say that I was going to continue working on it, even so much so that I was going to do another step by step drawing.
Well, when I started sketching on it again, I realized that I wasn't crazy about her position; she feels very lifeless. And when I started sketching over it again to fix it I realized that I'd just have to start over from scratch to get it to look more dynamic. And by that time I had grown a little frustrated with the piece. Oddly enough, when I quit out of it, and returned to look at the original I think it's not that bad... psh, artists... nothing's ever good enough for us.

So I decided to do a quick sketch of something else. It was starting out to be a sketch of a Conan type character, but ended up being Thor from Joe Mad's run on the Ultimates. Go figure. Oh well, at least it's not that bad. Plus I learned some neat tricks for doing lightning in the future.

Anyway, hope you like it. It was done in CS3 on my MacBook using the trusty Bamboo tablet.

See you all back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment