Monday, March 8, 2010

Ip Man


Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend and a good Monday.

I recently received a copy of the movie Ip Man and have to say it's probably one of the best martial arts 'epics' I've seen in a long time. Outside of some really amazing fight choreography, it has some really good acting. Donnie Yen plays a truly human martial arts master.

It's a trend that I'm really happy to see more in martial arts movies of late. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was one of the first martial arts flicks where I've seen the characters express more emotion than just controlled rage and the desire to seek revenge.

Anyway, I decided to do a sketch of Sifu Man today. Mostly due to the fact that I couldn't really think of anything else to sketch today. However, tomorrow might be a bit different. Or at least, it probably should be. I've been doing a lot of Wing Chun sketches as of late.

But until then, good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment